Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what can i do about my demon mother-in-law?

ok long story short i have one of the craziest mother-in-laws out there (this woman tried to run me over with a car when she found out i was pregnant, no joke), other than that she swore she never wanted to see the child,told my husband it wasnt his, tried breaking us up, the works have been involved, all of this has led to me and my husband cutting off comunication now she keeps stealing pics of my now 3mo son, i have ask all of my family and friends not to post these pics on different sites, but she still gets them shes even started a site bashing me! and hate mail, ect., all of this is out of my control now and i dont know what to do anymore, im constantly stressed and worried shes going to find us (we've moved changed our #'s, everything) and with my husband constantly saying "well she is my mother" i've had it! i guess what im asking is does anyone have any ideas of a stress reliever or something i can do? i need advice!


Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (13)
  • Most families have their crazies but most don't have people who TRY TO RUN OVER PREGNANT WOMEN. Anon 11:43 I don't think you really read her whole statement. This "woman" is a threat to her safety. All the things she is doing is to protect herself. Did you not read there that she had a restraining order at one time? That means the COURTS saw fit to issue an order to PROTECT her from this woman.
    I'm pretty sure if you felt threatened like this you wouldn't be all "oh forgive her and get over it". You are trying to blame the OP for being concerned for her own safety? You need to give your head a shake.

    Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:06 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

  • Uhm, a restraining order comes to mind.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

  • You can get a restraining order put on her. I'm sure her trying to run you over with a car would be a good enough reason. There may be rules under that order that would forbid her to actively try and find pictures of you and your child or other information about you...I'm not sure. That's what I would do. That way if you catch her trying to hunt you down, she'll go straight to jail.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

  • Don't let her get to you. So what if she runs her pie hole, she is the one that makes herself look like a tool. Enjoy your little one and don't let the witch get to you.

    Answer by ronjwake at 11:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

  • Restraining order. Best stress relief you can get.

    You can also talk with a lawyer about a libel suit.

    Answer by gdiamante at 11:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

  • let her get all the pix and write whatever she wants and go along with your lives being happy without her..shes trying to bring you down to her level, don't do anything without your husbands ok, cause thats what she wants,she wants to break you guys up..

    Answer by CuteandCurvy at 11:32 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

  • definitely a restraining order....I have the same MIL I I've had to keep doing is filing reports with the police...and they have a nice long when the day comes and she presents herself.....all I have to do is call the cops and the lady's got a nice long history of problems with me......not to mention violating a restraining order. After that dear, just pretend she doesnt life is so much happier that way. hope you get through it!

    Answer by LynnB1 at 11:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

  • have already gotten a restraining order but the time limit ran out and they refuse to give me another one without an atempt on my life or my sons which im good without! (the girl who ask the question)

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

  • Stop sharing pics of your little one with family who still communicate with her maybe?

    Sounds like she could use a shot in the butt with a bear tranquilizer lol....

    Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

  • the best stress reliver would be to forgive her and get on with your life, why in the world are you letting one person drive you so crazy, you must spend a lot of time trying to outwit her by moving and phone changes it must be getting expensive. ever heard the saying you want what you don't have, you are spending so much time escaping her instead of just considering this is his mother, your child's grandmother no matter what you do. if shes crazy so what all families have crazy in laws in them can't change her actions only your own!

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2010