How can i get help with free daycare?

im a single mom with very little income right now. i am on TAFDC but all that literally gets used for my child and bills. i think i have a total of usually 5 bucks saved up by the end of the month. i just recently got a job but i am only working 10-15 hrs a week. my social worker said i needed to have between 20-25 every week in order to get assistance with daycare. this is the ONLY job i could find i have been searching for months. and right now there is no way they could give me more hours. does anyone know any other way i can get help with daycare. i really need this job. Btw i live in mass

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 10-15 hours a week sounds more like you need a baby sitter and not actual day care. I don't know how it works in MA but in CA it is true that you have to work a minimum of I think 30 hours a week to be eligible for subsidized child care.
    Anonymous

• I dont know, but how about tryin to get to work 30 mins early and leave late?
    mommy0217

Answer by mommy0217 at 11:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• well i am in the same boat. in my state (nc) ppl who are on TANF get the first slots and then there is a waiting list for everyone else, you have to have a job working at least 15 hours a week in order to qualify. i had full daycare assistance, then i moved and switched counties and was put on the waiting list again...that was 2 yrs ago. i work but only about 12 hours a week and school would count towards those hours also, but i can not go to school fully until i can get some daycare!!! so maybe if u enrolled in school u would be eligible for the childcare
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:23 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Can you trade childcare with a friend, neighbor or relative?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:02 AM on Jan. 21, 2010