how many of you dreamed of becoming a doctor?

I have always wanted to work in the medical field.. I love taking care of sick relative.. I dont like that they are sick but I like making them feel better.. I just got diagnosed with a mental illness not long ago, and I have had a number of people in my life with addiction problems and so Ive decieded that Im going to go to school to become a psychiatrist. I know it will take alot of school (12 years). But I really want to do this, Ive already been in school for two years and I loved anatomy! Im taking off this semistar to work but Im going back in the summer to get started again! I am praying that I get into university of Texas! My boyfriends stepdad used to coach there and maybe I can get him to write me a letter of reccomendation.. =)

mommy0217

Asked by mommy0217 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yea when I used to watch ER. Anything to be working with Mekhi Phifer lol
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Congrats, good for you! Hard road but worth it in the end.
    I dreamed of marrying one, not being one!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Hmm well when I was 10 I decided I wanted to be a brain surgeon (no idea why). So for my birthday someone bought me a "Brain Surgery for Beginners (aka KIDS)" I took one look at the scalpel and blood and decided I wanted to be an actress lol. I second the Mehki Phifer thing though!

BTW 15 years later I am neither a brain surgeon or an actress :)

Anonymous

• I wanted to be an ear doctor. Really. I love to look in people's ears. Never happened. But I still look in people's ears if they let me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Nope - even when I was young I knew that was way too much school for me! I got my BA in History with my 9-12 teaching cert

Answer by missanc at 7:52 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I still want to be a doctor. I will have to settle for Physical Therapist or Physician's Assistant though. Med school is hard to do when you don't stay in one place more than 3 yrs. Hubby is an officer in the military. Officers move a lot more often than even enlisted do!
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 9:21 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I wanted to be a paramedic.....then was in a multi car accident - killed that ambition right away. lol

became a chef instead.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I have wanted to be a doctor since i was 4! But now i think ill just do my work at home!
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 8:59 PM on Jan. 22, 2010