infant carseats

What infants car seat is the safest? What car seat did you use and why did you like it? Trying to find a nice car seat that's save without spending all the money.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Chicco. But they are not the cheapest.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• All infant carseats have to pass the same safety standards. I would stay away from EvenFlo - they have a horrible record of recalls with their infant seats. The Graco Snugride 32 is a great seat. Chicco and BabyTrend make really nice infant seats too! Check out Car Seat Safety group for more, better detailed information.

gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 12:15 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Yes, I agree about the Baby Trend. I have one and it's not only cute, but durable, and the reviews were wonderful. I research every thing before I buy!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 12:22 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I personally do not like infant car seats. Your going to spend double when the child out grows it. Its best for a baby to keep staying Rear Facing past 1 years of age. But that is a whole different topic. Why cant you just buy a convertible car seat? Your going to be saving in the long run
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 1:32 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• If you really want to save money, get the Cosco Scenera. Only 50 bucks, and it's a convertible. Your child would probably be able to use it for 3 to 4 years. Even better, take a look at the TrueFit. Not ridiculously expensive(I think around 150, but i could be wrong), and that one rear faces to 35 and then forward faces to 65. You could probably use it the whole 6 years until they expire. And those are two convertibles that, unlike most of them, work well for newborns.
    If you are set on an infant seat, I wouldn't bother with the ones with higher weight limits, personally. Most older babies are more comfortable in a convertible anyway, and who wants to carry around a car seat with a child heavier than 22 lbs? Hell of a way to destroy your back.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:35 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Graco Snugrides are great seats. I wouldn't bother with the higher weight limit seats, as they take up way to much room in the backseat and make it near impossible for anyone of average height or taller to sit comfortably in the front. We have a Jeep Grand Cherokee and the Snugride 32 doesn't even fit. It's ridiculous. The regular Snugride is a great seat, lightweight, and affordable. You will likely switch to a convertible rear facing seat well before your baby is 32 lbs anyway!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:02 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• We got a safety 1st travel system as a gift we liked it and so did baby. Now we have the cosco scenera for dh's car and a graco convertible for mine. Ds likes both of those and they fit easily in the cars.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 10:24 AM on Jan. 21, 2010