propping bottle

i have an 8 week old and she wants to eat every 2 hours

it seems like once she finishes a bottle she wants another one!

it seems as if i can't do anything but feed her, change her diaper, feed her, change her diaper over and over and i can't get any me time so right now i have her bottle propped

do any of u prop your baby's bottle? i feel bad for doing it but what harm is it in doing it as long as you're right there and making sure they're not falling asleep or choking

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was always told to never prop your babies bottle. They need that time of being held and cuddled when feeding. And they can choke, or something could happen. If you're just going to be right there watching, why not hold them?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• i did it...and we will both prob get chewed for this one lol!!! just make sure the baby is sitting up and right beside u!!!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:04 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I always hold my little one when he drinks a bottle.
    JewelsE

Answer by JewelsE at 12:15 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• because she is heavy and sometimes i would like to give my arm a rest and just because im right here i still need to do things and have my hands free while she eats
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Besides them choking they can also get ear infections. When you prop the bottle some of the milk can run down in to the babys ears.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't prop it until she was a little bit older and at least had better head control. I know about having to prop a baby's bottle. My boys are 13 months apart and there were a few times when my older son needed something at the same time his younger brother needed to eat. But, as I just, jmo, I would wait until she was a little older. When I worked in daycare it was state law that we had to hold a baby to feed them until they were 6 months old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• At eight weeks old, they can't really sit up.

Welcome to motherhood...much of the time you don't get to do anything buyt feed the baby change the baby feed the baby. She's your get out of everything pass. Dad can pick up a mop when he comes home...the sexiest men alive know how to clean.

Me time? Heh heh heh...mine's ten YEARS old. Still waiting for that. My mother advised that I can get it when I'm a widow.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:42 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Hate to tell you this but that's what 8 week old babies DO. Eat, poop, eat, sleep, eat, poop, etc. They do a tremendous amount of growing and developing during the first few months and need a lot of food (and sleep) to do it.
    I'm not a bottle feeding expert but I've heard to never prop bottles, ever. My bottle feeding friends say that you should hold baby to feed him/her at minimum until s/he can hold a bottle independently.
    But I do feel for you. My daughter is almost 12 weeks old. She weighs about sixteen pounds. This past week, she's been nursing like crazy, my 2 year old is having a "challenging" week, and the house, naturally, is a disaster zone. There are times when my son just has to wait a few minutes until I can get my hands free. The house can wait till the kids are asleep. Baring that, the house can wait till the kids are older. LOL
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 12:45 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Are you sure that you want to be a parent? Hold your baby and provide the closeness that you both need.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:58 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• i just don't think it's very nice. babies are supposed to be held and cuddled & they need it. you should have realized that 'me time' flies out the window whenyou got pregnant..
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 9:34 AM on Jan. 21, 2010