Getting an SUV for my birthday, after taxes come back, any suggestions?

So we are going to have about $7500 to put down on a "new" (as in new to me) suv for me. We only have one vehicle right now, and its a pain to get both of us around in. Plus, bending over to put the kids in, is a hassle, especially with my back. Anyway, do you have any suggestions as far as what a good suv would be? Thanks

livingrlovesong

Asked by livingrlovesong at 12:24 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I adore my Hyundai Santa Fe. It's a 2004 with 97000 miles and has never had a problem. It seats five (there are models that seat seven) and is just the right size for us.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:30 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• i have a chevy equinox and i love it! it is not too big, perfect for my fam of 4. its pretty good on gas and looks very nice!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:32 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Tahoe.. :) i must say, i've had mine over a year (its an 04 with 70,000) and its the only vehicle i have never had a problem with. Great great ride, and lots of seating! and when you dont need all the seats, take them out or fold them over!
    Bran6903

Answer by Bran6903 at 12:33 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• It depends on what size you want. We have 2 kiddos and a Ford Escape. It is smaller, but the seats fold down. It does only seat 5, but I love the way it drives. Great gas mileage, solid engine....If you want something bigger, I think it depends on what kind of room you are looking for. Don't forget to consider gas mileage :)

Good luck in your car search. I love my Escape.
    Psylocke

Answer by Psylocke at 12:33 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• 1997 4-Runner. They run forever. My husband has a friend who used to work for Toyota and said that the 97 4-Runner was their biggest mistake because they made it so well. They don't have to be replaced for a long time, so the owner of one isn't going to have to buy another car for a long time and the carmaker loses out on that money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Toyota Sequoia
    Love my truck, easy to drive, big enough and not really all that common around here
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:43 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Ford Escape I loved mine but don't have it anymore. The next car I do buy will be another Ford Escape.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 9:28 AM on Jan. 21, 2010