i need some serious legal help reguarding my 5 yr old child. do you know of any in kern county california

TaftBitch

Asked by TaftBitch at 12:48 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Adoption

• It would depend what court this would pertain to as to what type of lawyer you would need. Different lawyers specialize in different areas.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• TAFT, baconbits is correct, depending on what you are in need of will depend on whom can help. IE; custody, guardianship, fostercare, adoptions...etc! Wishing you the best, C.J.
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 5:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I read this and your other urgent post. all I can say is if they want to terminate rights in March it may be too late. now I know legally they can not go for termination before the child has been in care 18 months. if it is earlier than that then they may be doing what is called concurrent planning which is not terminating your rights. if it is true termination then you have not shown progress in 18 months. I think the person you need to ask is you. why haven't you shown progress? I am sorry if this is not the answer you wanted to hear but as a foster parent I know bio parents are given chance after chance to get their lives back in order and most cases do not go to termination until the child has been in care 3 years.
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 12:39 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Do you have a court-appointed attorney? What are they advising?
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:51 AM on Jan. 22, 2010