Drinking

Is it good to help you sleep? Like a glass of wine, or maybe 3...lol, and does it make you a bad mom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no it doesnt make you a bad mom. Wine relaxes me so why not? Its not like im getting drunk and if something happened i cant take care of my kids or my self
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 12:53 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• some ppl will argue that moms dont need to put anything mind altering in their bodies yadadada...but i say u know you better than anyone else, and yes a galss or 2 of wine combined with a warm bath will put u soundly to sleep in 30 minutes lol. just dont over do it, you do have to wake up kinda early in the morning i dont see anything wrong with it. i dont drink wine, but if i have had a really long day i will take a shot or two and fall asleep watching a movie lol
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 1:13 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Sounds AWESOME! Wish I had some right now! You rock mama!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 1:17 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Nothing wrong with having a glass of wine if you're not an alcoholic. If drinking is a problem, then one should refrain or get help and not continue to indulge.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• There's nothing wrong with it, and no it doesn't make you a bad mom at all as long as you're not getting drunk where you can't take care of your kids.But it's also been proven that alcohol actually does not help you sleep. It can interfere with sleep, making you wake up more frequently and get less REM sleep that if you fall asleep without alcohol. But if it works for you, nothing wrong with it =)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• yes it helps relax you and yes it may help you sleep and 1 or 2 glasses a night does not make you a bad mom but if you drink a bottle a night then I think that would be a diffent story.
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 1:02 AM on Jan. 26, 2010