tattoos and piercings

I wanted to get a tattoo about a year ago, but i don't like pain. My bf had gotten one on his arm and said it didn't hurt, but i want mine on my neck. I also wanted a lip ring but again i hate pain and well i don't like needles. i figured that if i didn't like the lip ring i could just take it out and let it heal, but the tattoo, i just don't know if im ready to have something that's going to stay on me forever. everytime i think about getting it i think of myself as a granny and think about how warped and stupid it'll look on me. Im not exactly thin either so, i don't really think itll be attrative on me. and the lip ring thing, i have a two year old, im worried he'll yank on it. sigh, what do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• for ur first tat i would never suggest the neck thats for experienced ppl lol get a small one on ur back or arm just to c how it will feel it isnt pleasant but doesnt hurt either. for the piercing, i hate needles, and tear up just thinkin of givin blood but i had 4 (not counting my ears i never had them done) i had my eyebrow, upper and lower lip and tongue done and they are all done so fast that i cant say it hurts bad. its just like a sharp pinch. i let all my holes close up and now i miss them and want to get something done over! i also have 8 tats (one on the back of my neck just under my hair!!)
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 1:02 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Anything on your bone or spine is gonna hurt BAD! I recommend getting a fleshy part of your body tattoo'd first. (I did my shoulder blade.. mostly flesh and only a little on bone) I jumped at the sensation at first but actually got sleepy halfway into it lol. If you want the piercing get it. You can always teach your son not to touch it! :)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:29 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I got my tat on the hip, and to me it fet like a kitten scratching me, thats just me though. I have peirced me ears 8 times, but no where else, I worry about the tongue cause I have seen my friends swell up really bad. My brother has his lip done right in the center and he said it didnt hurt, my sis has her nose and said it hurt like a bitch. If your worried about not liking your tattoo when your older, then get it in a spot that is easily hidden
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:07 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• my first tat was on my upper arm, 2nd tat lower arm... the pain felt like getting scraped but wasn't too bad. i have a nose piercing and the intial pain was bad but it didn't last long. My son had his lip pierced and said the pain wasn't too bad. BTW - i'm not skinny and i'm over 40 and got my first one at 40. Just be sure it's for u cause once ur inked .... ur inked 4 life.
    Anonymous

• I have a sleeve and half sleeve and multiple other tattoos...feels like sunburn. I also worked in a shop and did the piercings. Lip does not hurt at all. I would say to base getting it on how often your son head butts you. I had one and removed it for a job. I got a nose ring and have had it pulled out twice by my son. Hurts. So....if you have a bouncy son, I'd skip it until he's older. As for the tattoo...Necks dont hurt. I have the side of mine done and its one of the hardest places to get tattooed. I am the worst person to get tattooed too bc I haaaate sitting. It will hurt some but its nothing you would cry over. You seem like your unsure anyway, so I would say to wait. Dont ever get tattooed until you have no reason in your mind not too. You are coming up with 390845293875 different reasons not to. So you dont seem like you want it. *shrugs* youll regrete it if you get it now. Wait.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 8:53 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• pain on getting a tattoo is diff for people.. when i got my first tattoo it was my son name on my upper back near my neck... than i got my 2 tattoo on my lower back and its smaller than my upper back tattoo when i got my lower back done it hurt more than my upper back tattoo...
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• i used to be a paraniod about that stuff too...i would think if i got my tattoo in the wrong spot...i wouldnt be able to soak in the tub like i want to but if you want something REALLY bad, you got to sacrifice something in order to get it. live for today and stop worrying about what its gonna look like when your an old granny. once your an old granny...your gonna think, why didnt i get that tatoo my grand daughter has now?

its all about how bad you want it and living for today not the future or the past. if you get your lip ring..im sure your child will get used to it seeing it there all the time like earrings.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• It sounds to me like you already know what you should do. IMO, if there is ANY doubt whatsoever, don't do it.
    Anonymous