Do you believe in mom's intuition when it comes to their baby's gender?

I am 16 weeks pregnant with my 5th child. I have had the gut feeling this whole time that this baby is a girl. I just had an ultrasound and the tech said the baby is a girl she said she was completely sure. She looked a few times because the baby kept crossing their legs then finally the baby opened them and we got a good look and she said yes that's what I thought but I didn't want to say for sure until her legs were open more. Well then I get the picture and the three lines the middle one looks just a little longer the part that is longer isn't as dark so if you were to cover the faded part the three lines would be the same length. But then I read if you get three lines with a middle one longer it means boy. I know 16 weeks is early but the tech seemed so sure and my gut has told me girl all along but then the person mentioning the three line thing has me wondering. What is more likely?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I definitely do! I swore up and down with my first that it was a boy.. sure enough that's what I had! It's not always 100% but I do think there's something to it!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:13 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Maybe it works for some people, but I had the feeling that both of my kids would be boys. They are both girls. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I've known with all of mine
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:22 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• yes i think its true. I knew all along i was having girls with my first and second daughter even when i wanted a boy. With this baby (due April 1st) i knew for sure it was a boy. When i had my u/s i knew before she said Boy that he was a he lol
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 1:27 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I had a feeling from the start I was having a boy. EVERYONE tried to tell me it's a girl it's a girl!!!! Nope everyone was wrong and and I'm totally having a boy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• i think im having a boy this time, i feel so great lots of get up and go. with my daughter i was always tired always throwing up never felt good. also two completly different stress levels tho.everyone said mine was a girl the first time too bc i never showed until like 7 months and then had an 8lb baby lol. i heard that three lines was a girl not a boy, you can always have them do another when your 20 weeks. if the said its a girl its probably a girl.
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 2:18 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I thought for sure that my first was a boy but ended up being a girl. I worked with some superstitious ladies when pregnant with my second and several of them said I was going to have a boy and sure enough they were right. But as far as my own intuition, I didn't have a clue : )
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 2:32 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I SWORE I was having a boy- I truly believed in my own intuition! Come to find out at 20 weeks... we were absolutely having a girl! lol Shook me up quite a bit! And we have confirmed with two other ultrasounds that yes, indeed, we are having a girl (I'm being induced in 6 days, too!).
    LeiLana80

Answer by LeiLana80 at 5:29 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I think it works for some women. I was positive my youngest was a girl. I was so sure that I didn't even bother to pick out a boys name. Imagine my shock when the dr announced, "It's a boy!". I looked at my mom and said, "I guess Tammy isn't going to work." lol
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:23 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I knew mine would be boy/girl twins. And sure enough, they were!! I also knew within a couple of days of concieving that I was pregnant. I remember talking to my cousin right around my EDC, and telling her I thought I was pregnant. I got a BFP about five weeks later.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 7:00 AM on Jan. 21, 2010