I hate my ex! I wish he would just like, IDK...Die or get some horrible flesh eating disease!!

OK, report cards came out today and my son didn't do to well. We study at home, work on extra stuff the whole 9 yards. For some reason he just doesn't get super great grades.
My ex calls me and was all like,"What the hell are you doing over there? blah blah blah!!! Your making our son stupid!, blah blah blah, Your a lousy mom, you suck, your a b!tch, blah blah blah......"
UGH!!!! Son is trying his best!!! He's just not a strong student! He starts a tutoring class next week.
But it's like he screamed at me on the phone for like almost 2 hours!!!!
Yes, I tried hanging up! Yes, my son is grounded right now. He is trying. He has ADD and has a hard time. It's like UGH! Would you just like go die or something!!!!
I HATE my ex!!!!!!!!!
Anyone have an ex who's an asshole?

Starfire73

Asked by Starfire73 at 1:13 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• tell him to bring his ass over and do the homework and tutoring every night and see if he can do a better job...if not i would tell him to kiss my ass and keep moving!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 1:17 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I told him that too...lol
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 1:29 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I am almost in the exact situation as you are. My son is ADD my ex is an ASS. I just don't even listen to him. In the end your son will know you were the one who was there when he needed someone. I would tell my ex to take a flying leap into the pond if I were you. If you ever need to talk, send me a message. I can totally relate to your situation.
    tree1997

Answer by tree1997 at 1:31 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I'm so sorry that you have to deal with him, and I'm even sorrier that your ds has to deal with him!

Just keep working with him, and encouraging him, and get him the tutoring. Some kids just don't do well with book work. That doesn't mean they aren't trying or that they're stupid.

Just remind your son, failure is acceptable, but apathy is not! As long as he is trying and doing his best, you still love him, and you're happy with that. It's when he gives up and just quits and doesn't try anymore that's the problem.

Then tell your husband that you're doing your best, but obviously HIS genes (the "stupid" ones) are coming through, and you and your ds are doing your best to overcome them, but it's going to take time...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:33 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• isn't every ex a ass hole in some way or another?

Not that you need parenting tips but grounding your child for getting bad grades doesn't help them at all... maybe try getting him into music or acting or some physical activity.. when everything is working at once its easier for them to focus
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:25 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Sounds like you're doing plenty to help your son. I have an ex who is an ass as well, as so many women do these days. I've learned that he gets more irritated when I don't get upset or frustrated, and he usually leaves me alone then.

As for your son, have you had a meeting with his teacher? My boys both have ADHD, my youngest is super smart and off the charts with getting good grades, my oldest is super smart but easily frustrated and so not so good with the good grades. I found that with my oldest, it's the stress that interferes with him. He has trouble, gets frustrated, stresses b/c he knows he has to get it done, and gives up. I got his teacher to tell him he had extra time (he doesn't really, but he doesn't need it with this method) to turn in assignments, and b/c he thinks he has more time, he doesn't stress so much, and finds it a bit easier to get things done. Just something to check into. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:20 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I had a husband who used to be an ass. He never helped our sons with homework or studying for tests, but when report cards came out, everyone dreaded it. The one year, my husband told our sons their grades were so bad that he was not going to sign their report cards so they could take them back to school! I mean, come on! He used to have a fit if we wanted to wait a few minutes before going to the bus stop when it was 10 degrees out!!
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 8:30 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Ugh, So glad I'm not alone here!
    My son is smart, he really is, but when it comes to school book work, IDK, he like freezes. He can write the most creative stories, compound interest when I borrow money off of him(OK, I borrowed $5 ONCE for gas, I swear, that kid charged me more interest than any pawn shop in the world would! lol), He'll read when he's interested in the book, and etc.
    I just so dread report card time. It's so stressful! It brings up terrible memories from when I was a kid. I was abused and report card time was the mother of them all!!! I have permanent back problems from all the beatings I received. I swore when I had kids of my own, Report card time would never be a stressful event!!!!

I did hug him and tell him to please try harder next time and that we would work together more so we could bring the grades up.
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 9:02 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• GIrl, it could be much worse! My ex is someone that I am actually grateful for coming into my life because my daughter wouldn't be the same child if he wasn't her father, however, it's time for him to just simply go away and stop trying to act like he's this great Dad that everyone knows he truly isn't! He puts on such a front and tries to act like he never did anything wrong....blames everything on me. He cheated on me...in my bed in my apartment...and somehow it turned into being my fault?! what? really?!
    He's done nothing to support his child and done nothing but harass me since I left. Im glad I left however, it's time for him to realize he'll never get custody of my daughter, i wont let it happen!
    my ex is the king of assholes!
    camzma0407

Answer by camzma0407 at 9:26 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• He's not really involved in B's life unless it's ammo he can use against me. I mean he hasn't even called since Dec 23rd!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 10:45 AM on Jan. 21, 2010