Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bath toys that squirt water?

Please tell me....How do you keep the bath toys that squirt water clean? How can you keep the yucky, slimy stuff from inside the toy?


Asked by MommyJessi4 at 1:40 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (11)
  • we talk about how that is mold. mold makes you sick. so when that happens we throw them out. i have always thought black mold was really dangerous. most of them last about a year before that happens.

    Answer by AmaliaD at 12:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

  • eeew...I hate those toys too and the answer is to throw them out. lol..invest in a water gun instead.

    Answer by jenellemarie at 1:44 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

  • I've never had that happen with mine, but you could wash them in bleach water and squirt them underneath the water so it cleans inside

    Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:48 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

  • Make sure you squirt out all of the water at the end of each bath. I also clean the with bleach every so often, just to make sure they are clean. Oh and another thing try to store them with the hole pointing down so any residual water will drip out.

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:01 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

  • I also have chucked them but when I did keep them around i would get some bleachy water and fill them all up and let the sit. Then shake them and empty them and repeat. Then rince well with fresh water!

    Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:15 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

  • Probably a good time to toss them and replace them with new bath toys that are non toxic. Most of those squirting ones have pvc etc in them.

    There are some new ones though that don't. I now Boon makes rubber ducks that are toxic free.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

  • Just throw them away when they get gross like that. Make sure you squirt all the water out after bath time.

    Answer by mompam at 6:05 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

  • I throw them away. They're gross and I don't even know why they make them. But, you could try a solution of bleach and water.

    Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 6:29 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

  • I empty them after each bath and then once/month or so I soak them in bleach and water, squirt the bleach water up inside and empty it out, then rinse and put them back in the tub.

    Answer by missanc at 8:23 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

  • i quit using them!

    Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:04 AM on Jan. 21, 2010