Bath toys that squirt water?

Please tell me....How do you keep the bath toys that squirt water clean? How can you keep the yucky, slimy stuff from inside the toy?

MommyJessi4

Asked by MommyJessi4 at 1:40 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• we talk about how that is mold. mold makes you sick. so when that happens we throw them out. i have always thought black mold was really dangerous. most of them last about a year before that happens.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• eeew...I hate those toys too and the answer is to throw them out. lol..invest in a water gun instead.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:44 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I've never had that happen with mine, but you could wash them in bleach water and squirt them underneath the water so it cleans inside
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:48 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Make sure you squirt out all of the water at the end of each bath. I also clean the with bleach every so often, just to make sure they are clean. Oh and another thing try to store them with the hole pointing down so any residual water will drip out.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:01 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I also have chucked them but when I did keep them around i would get some bleachy water and fill them all up and let the sit. Then shake them and empty them and repeat. Then rince well with fresh water!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:15 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Probably a good time to toss them and replace them with new bath toys that are non toxic. Most of those squirting ones have pvc etc in them.

There are some new ones though that don't. I now Boon makes rubber ducks that are toxic free.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Just throw them away when they get gross like that. Make sure you squirt all the water out after bath time.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:05 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I throw them away. They're gross and I don't even know why they make them. But, you could try a solution of bleach and water.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 6:29 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I empty them after each bath and then once/month or so I soak them in bleach and water, squirt the bleach water up inside and empty it out, then rinse and put them back in the tub.

Answer by missanc at 8:23 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• i quit using them!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:04 AM on Jan. 21, 2010