did you just have a baby? do you know why this is still going on?

i had a baby nov 23 by c-section i bled for 2 weeks and 4 days then stop well 10 days ago i strated bleeding again but after 6 days it slowed down then the 6th day i had nothing till i started doing alot of house work and moving around i started bleeding a little again its nothing to heavy,then last night i stop again and started back this afternoon i started again when i started cleaning....has anyone been through this b4 or is there something wrong? please help my dr is out till monday

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you need to stop cleaning your body isnt healed you are overdoing it causing the bleeding. Be careful, I over did it after my c section and cause the incision to burst, I woulnd't wish that on my worst enemy. You need to take it very easy for the first 3 months.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:58 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I agree with the answer above, doctors say you'll be okay after 6 weeks...but every woman's body is different. Your body's been kept together your whole life, and it was just surgically cut open, I think it takes a lot longer than 6 weeks to go back to normal.
    Ashleigh_17

Answer by Ashleigh_17 at 3:09 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I've had a C-Section and the doctors advice AGAINST doing chores as you are doing. You're bleeding because you refuse to allow your body to settle back into being normal and to heal. I'm surprised your stitches haven't broke yet. You need to get your butt in bed and rest and have your child close by so you can feed them when they need it. I didn't do anything heavy for quite a while. Until my daughter was about three months old. You need to slow down and now before you cause real harm to your body.
    PyroDeerHunter

Answer by PyroDeerHunter at 4:16 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• It is also possible you started your period (even with BFing I started 6wks post). But I also agree with the PPs that you are over doing it. You need to be taking it easy right now or you wont completely & properly heal.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 4:16 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• You really need to rest after a c section. Some women heal quicker than others so it's tempting to think you are okay after just a short period. But always follow the doctors orders. Take it easy, or as easy as you can with a new baby.
    amy_two

Answer by amy_two at 6:47 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Slow down, sit down, rest. Your body is telling you that you are working overtime. You need to rest. A C-section is major surgery and takes at least 6 weeks to fully heal.
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 8:15 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• so I am I reading this right? You are 8wks out? Are you sure you aren't just having a period? They do come back at some point. :)
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:20 AM on Jan. 21, 2010