JP or ordained minister.

Do you think there is really a difference?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• we did a jp..she was only 80.00 and went were we were getting married...down fall she showed up 30 mins late ( and that was ok just assumed she got lost ) but she also showed up in a hot pink sweat shirt and sweat pants..she didnt even have the curtisy to throw on some slacks..that irrated me..and dh still gave her a20.00 tip..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:09 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I think there is a difference if your religious faith means something to you. If you are not religious then, no there is no difference. We are Catholic and were married by the same Priest who baptized me. It meant a lot to us and it made our ceremony much more meaningful to us. If you don't have a faith relationship I don't think there is really a point in having a minister perform the ceremony.

Though as noted above, it is a good idea to discuss things like appropriate attire and punctuality with your JP!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:13 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• One is a civil and one is religious

Answer by admckenzie at 8:35 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• admckenzie is right.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• ordained minister
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 12:53 AM on Jan. 26, 2010