Anyone else tired of being treated like an idiot?

I am watching the MSNBC morning show and a senator (not say which because it doesnt matter they are ALL guilty of this) is trying to say you either are with big ins or with the bill they are trying to pass and they have to do a better job of making people understand them!

Uuuummmm NO!How about a BETTER bill? How about NO pork and some accountability? I really think these people see stupid stamped accross Americans forheads! What do you think?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 8:29 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Democrats are elitists on average (or rather progressives) they know better than we do.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:39 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• here is their list of excuses for their loss in Mass

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/20/democrats-dig-excuses-bay-state-upset/

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:46 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• yea they probably do and it pisses me off
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 8:48 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I view the majority of Americans as stupid in general, but that's because the majority of the people in the mainstream media that you see interviewed are all just spewing out whatever has been spoonfed to them through the rest of the media. You'd be surprised how many people will take whatever crap they here as the truth without investigating it themselves, & then it's even more surprising that these idiots will go around aggressively DEFENDING whatever crap it is they think is actually going on. So there is "good" reason for them treating us as idiots in a whole...because they are spoonfeeding the actual idiots out there. & they know that's what they're doing. It's sad though, so if you've really got a brain on your shoulders & the guts to say what you think (& the ability to do your own research before forming an opinion & factual evidence to support it) then please help be the change we need in this country.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 8:52 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• That's what you get for watching MSNBC.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Apparently they do think we are all that stupid momof..or maybe that we can be chastised and guilted into just letting them do whatever the hell they want to do...idk but yes im OVERLY sick of it all.

I have heard the excuses for Browns win more like DENIAL that America just doesnt want their socialist/marxist goals for our country...I mean it makes a lot of sense to put a republican senator in who is against Obamas policies...because most of MA badly wants his policies and hope for UHC to come eventually...YEAH Okey dokey LOL..why cant they all just face the music?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:13 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• There are many idiots in America they are lemmings for their party and believe anything they say. Then you have your larger group of open minded lemmings who sway with whatever is popular at the moment. There is a much smaller segment of society that actually is educated and pays attention. They remember the Congress and our President works for us and not the other way around and they have read the Constitution and actually believe in it. Sadly the lemmings tend to pick who runs things since there are more of them they buy into the two party system. Repubs and Dems are very much alike both want to control Americans just in different ways. So many in our country don't pay taxes or get all they pay in back and then some so they have no stake in the Government so they don't care. I want real healthcare reform but am old enough and smart enough to realize that will never happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I am a Democrat and I have never been called elitist before--thanks Carpy, that is a new one. I better get my little elitist fanny to drive to work in my elitist hybrid car and set to teaching in my elitist low performing/high poverty school so I can pay my elitist bills.

Put that giant brush you paint with away and take off the blinders. Democrats are no more predominantly elitist than Republicans and/or Independents. Those in congress may fall into this category, however, statistically, they are a very small percentage of the American population.
    AnonIsEasiest

Answer by AnonIsEasiest at 9:40 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Interesting off topic answer.....

Yes, I think they treat everyone like idiots. I also agree that a large segment of the population only pays attention to soundbites and believes whatever it told to them.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:47 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Yes mancos...if folks want to really have some 'change' we need to start paying attention to what these politicians have done BEFORE they get nominated..their past voting record matters it will say ALOT about where they really stand moreso then what spews forth from their mouths..who they have associated with/hung around often matters..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:52 AM on Jan. 21, 2010