A jelous friend? IDK?

Hello Cafe Mom! I'm a mother of an 2 year old baby girl and I recently got married to the father of my child. Hes in the navy based in Connecticut. I'm 21 and he is 20( I know very young) and were happy together yeah we had our share of ups and down but what relationship hasn't? Anyway, He has this best friend who he been friends with since 9th grade and we don't really see eye to eye and my husband had updated his relationship status to married. Most of my husband's friends are congratulating him but his best friend just write "LOL". After he wrote that he wrote how "I hate being single and all females are the same and when will I find the one" Now I'm just wondering if this is out of jealousy or he just doing that to push my buttons? lol oh yeah on his myspace status he wrote "damn my right hand man's is pu**y whipped forever" LOL I just want to get your say in this?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• just ignore him. he seems like he is just jealous and don't let him push your buttons. Don't let one a-hole ruin your happiness especially when everyone else seems to be excited for you.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:08 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• He sounds like a jerk. I wouldn't be bothered too much by it really. If you start nagging your man about it now he will think his friend is right and might start listening to him more often. If it were me I would say something like "Yea, he knows who does his laundry ;)" or something like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• its just a guy-thing. if you guys really hate each other, anything he said or did could be grounds for argument. what you have to realize is, this friend is not your husband. you have to allow room for friendships, even when you don't necessarily like their choices...especially, when that choice was made long before he met you.
    you can't judge your relationship with your dh's friendships. i'm sure if he were honest with you, you've got a gf or two who he doesn't really care for, either.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:12 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Be happy don't let him get too you. Damn right he is gone off the single list forever.

He might be a little jealous, everyone has a little in them. Just be happy he understands that he is not single anymore. Under the my space thing-I would laugh too. LOL, yes we finally tied the knot...

ignore, ignore and ignore some more...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:14 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Just as long as your dh doesn't give in to his stupidity I would just ignore the guy he is just mad bc his friend found someone else to hang out with. Yeah I would definately ignore him let him fester in his new so called life, if he plays his cards right he just might find him someone and leave you guys alone for awhile before you know you guys will be hanging out in the future once he's grown up...lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I tried being this man's friend! He is so cocky and thinks the world revolves around him. Hes the type of guy who has to dress and certain way and if you not looking the way he wants you to look he would make fun of you. That's why I don't like him and I told him this and he said it just motivates him. I spoke with my husband about this a year ago and he said I had to get to know the real person inside. He is just a mean person
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I agree. It's just a guy thing. He's ragging on his friend. Guys do that. Just let it go and don't let it push your buttons. He's an idiot so just smile and know you anchored Big Daddy and he couldn't keep him single and playing.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:23 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• LOL thank you ladies I feel better LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Yes hes having a go at you cos you took his friend away [dont invite him round too much] or if you want to be nice to him, get a female friend and him together, but if he really is a wan---, dont off load him to a friend unless you dont like them much either, and if hes as bad as you think he is, be wary when your husband and him have nights out, if he makes cracks in front of you rub his head and say youll find someone one day in a sarcastic tone.
    niceandspice

Answer by niceandspice at 9:41 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• don't mind him his friend is still maturing. some people take longer than others.... even old men sometimes never mature.
    mellyhayes

Answer by mellyhayes at 10:09 AM on Jan. 21, 2010