Quick replies needed: Should goodie bags be handed out at a birthday party for a 12 year old or is that for elementary ages?

Is there a cut-off age for handing out party bags by the host at the end of a birthday party. My granddaughter is having a party and I was asked this question. Need quick replies. BTW - Is there an appropriate age at which it stops?

naonip

Asked by naonip at 8:55 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I'm not sure...but I dont think I had a goodie bag when I was that age...I suppose the best thing to do would be to ask the child who is having the birthday if she would like to have goodie bags handed out...she'll let you know if it's a good idea. You don't want to embarass her...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• No cut off age. Of course you would want age appropriate things. Whatever her party theme is. Some pre teen girls have "spa" parties where they do them at home...a goodie bag for that party may have nail polish, bubble bath, etc.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:01 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• It depends on if your kid thinks that it is too juvenile for them. But yes if it is a theme party it might be OK especially for the spa party idea. You can find inexpensive nail files, nail polish, toe separators and stuff like that. But goody bags with the bulk party toys and candy I would think no.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 9:06 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Well I don't think they would refuse it so just make the goodie bags and pass them out I honestly believe they will take them regardless the age...Have Fun
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• The best party bag gift at that age is a bar of chocholate. You can buy or print your own labels that commemorate her birthday.

http://www.customcandybarwrapper.com/

Everyone LOVES chocolate.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:10 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• My 19 yr old grandson went to a party a week ago and is still talking about the cool goodie bag! Just make sure it's age appropriate items in the bag.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:13 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• My daughter is 10 and I quit doing goodie bags. It's up to you
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:20 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Depends what/where the party is i suppose, maybe 12 is too old to be having at home parties, other than cake
    niceandspice

Answer by niceandspice at 9:29 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• We had goodie bags at all my parties up until I was 18. Goodie bags a so much fun to do up and receive. I see no age limit on them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• 12 is not too old for goodie bags. Girls that age love getting cool stuff. I'd definitely skip the party favor type junk and go with cool pens, cute notepads, hair accessories, candy, nail polish, cute nail files, or lip gloss, or just get them one thing that's a little nicer and skip the bags. Your granddaughter can probably pick out stuff her friends would think is cool.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Jan. 21, 2010