ttc #2

Hey ladies. So I don't get a period due to me breastfeeding. But I would like to get pregnant again. A lot of people have been telling me I should try tracking my bbt in order to see if I ovulate. Can I do that while not getting a period? And when should I start? How does it work exactly? How will I know if I'm ovulating?

BethRae

Asked by BethRae at 9:14 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• "If it goes up after I ovulate then wouldn't that be pointless? Isn't the idea to know when you're ovulating? "

Not pointless. Because the egg is viable for the next 24 hours after that temp spike. When you see the spike, GET BUSY.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Sure you can, it may just be a little tricky since you don't have a period. Just take your temp every morning at the same time. Do it for a month or two so you can see a pattern, you will know when you ovulate because you can see an increase in your temp right after you ovulate. You can track it online on different fertility websites that will use your daily temps to help you make a chart so you can see when you are ovulating. Good luck!
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 9:53 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• If it goes up after I ovulate then wouldn't that be pointless? Isn't the idea to know when you're ovulating?
    BethRae

Answer by BethRae at 10:17 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Oh okay thanks a bunch. I think I might give that a try. I have the fertility monitor but it's pointless without a period... Thanks ladies!
    BethRae

Answer by BethRae at 8:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2010