What are the signs of ear ahce?

My son did not sleep very good at all last night and when he did he moved a lot! He will pull at his ears occassionally but not all the time and is very cranky today too. He has been teething as well so it could be teething. He isn't running a fever either so how do I know b4 I take him to the dr.? He is 12 months old.

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 9:46 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my little one had 2 ear infections, with her 1st one she had a fever and i called them and they said not to bring her in unless she had it for 3 days,the 2nd one she didnt have any symbtoms at all she was just getting checked for a check up
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:03 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• sounds like teething to me, if he starts to run a fever then take him in, my dd pulls @ her ears all the time when she's teething, makes her feel better I think.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:19 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• pulling at ears is not a symptom of an ear infection. ear infections hurt, so they would avoid their ears..not be tugging on them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

So not true! Tugging at the Ears is one of the Most common Signs of an Ear Infection! SO YES if they pull at there ear and Cry Cry Cry over and there ear is Red then Yes that is a sign of take them to the Doc to get Checked! My DD had 4 Ear Infections and trust me I know a thing or two about them!ha..So watch out for the SIGNS!
    bonham

Answer by bonham at 1:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• If its an infection there will be fever. A fever is the body's way of fighting off an infection. Its a good thing and if you don't give meds like Tylenol then the germs won't be able to multiply as well. Most ear infections don't need to be treated with antibiotics.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Ear tugging isn't always a sign. My kids never touched their ears. The biggest sign in our house (still is and the youngest is just shy of 3) is not sleeping well. It has always been the first sign with my kids. The only way to know for sure is to go to the doctor.
    Anonymous