Curls?

I have stick straight, fine, shoulder length hair. I have tried so many different ways to curl my hair, and nothing seems to work. Hot rollers just give me some extra body. Sponge rollers frizz my hair out. Curling irons don't make the curl last- I've got an hour or two before it's pretty much all flat again. The chemicals in perms give me burns- even the children's version!

Am I just doomed to never be able to curl my hair for a day? Or am I missing something that could work for me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I would love experimenting with your hair, as a cosmetologist. The trick is to find the right product to achieve the results you desire. For starters, try a clear hair filler and temporary rinse to give your hair more lasting body. Also, your shampoos and conditioners should be protein based. Last but not least, you need a styling gel to control the frizzes and yet maintain your curls. Hopefully, you've already got a good haircut. A haircut could make or break your best efforts at styling. Hope this helped.

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 10:04 AM on Jan. 21, 2010