Where can I find Will Power to lose weight?

Motivation,will power,knowledge....I need it all. Any tips on how to get started? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• My mom posted all over the house on sticky notes:

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:01 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• i just recently started using the green tea pills that helps boost matabulism and it gives u some energy too, mabe try those i got it at walmart for 4 dollars.also helps if u have a dog to walk:)
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:06 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• My motivation came from looking at myself in the mirror..I just knew I needed to change.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 10:11 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I got pictures of myself from my cousin's wedding (which I thought I looked pretty good at - UNTIL i saw the pictures!) So now I keep those pictures next to my exercise machine so that when I think of just walking by it, i see those pictures and it makes me realize that I should maybe spend a lil time workin' out instead ;) It helps me keep focused and out of denial.
    MariposaKsr

Answer by MariposaKsr at 3:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• It's just like breaking any other habit or ceasing to indulge in any other addiction...when you have finally had ENOUGH, you will do whatever it takes to change it. I have overcome many challenges in my life by simply reaching that "breaking point", when staying the same--whether it be overweight due to poor eating habits and lack of exercise, or addicted to cigarettes, etc--became tougher and crappier than just reaching deep inside myself to find the power to change it. When YOU are sick and tired of being sick and tired so to speak, you will get off your fanny and do something about it. No one else can talk you into it. Just know that when you get to that point, and you start making positive changes in your life, you will feel so much better about yourself and THAT will start providing some of the motivation you need. You'll want to keep bettering yourself. Good luck to you; I hope you get to where you want to be.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:30 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Also, sign up for this free e-mail newsletter--I really like this one. Lots of good info on nutrition and exercise, and again, it's totally free.

http://www.beachbody.com/category/newsletters.do

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:32 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• i subscribe to ediets.com and i love really love this site! It gives such helpful insight!
    AngieS25

Answer by AngieS25 at 9:29 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• You have to want it. You will lose weight eating healthy foods, make sure you do not have access to any junky unhealthy foods. Good luck!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:14 PM on Jan. 24, 2010