Potty training a fussy butt

My son is 3 years old and we have been working on potty traning for a while we purchased a potty that can go on the floor or go on top of a normal tolit. He was in day care for a while and started to use their potty I think it was because it was just the right height for him so he could stand and his best firend was also using it. He would hardly ever go at home. I recently lost my job so I became a stay at home mom and when I suggest using the potty he freaks out and yells "I want you to change me!" I have tried the reword system and it doesn't faze him in the least. I know he is ready because he has done it here at home a few times and he understands but he just refuses. Any suggestions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Ditch the diapers. Keep the rewards. Neither of you will like the messes... he should be on board quickly as long as you convey clear expectations -- we're done with diapers. (You can get some pull-ups for night and naps if he still takes one -- just call them night underwear or whatever name you want to give them). Don't look back -- the accidents won't last forever -- just keep the potty close and don't make a big deal about the accidents.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:39 AM on Jan. 21, 2010