School and illness

Has illness been hitting your child's school?

Last week my son's school had 30+ kids out in one day. They had sent 13 home by 11:30 that same day due to a stomach bug. With a school of around 90 kids, that's a huge chunk of kids out.

Has your child had what is going around?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 10:18 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• At the begging of they year they were hit with H1N1. A couple of days my DD class of 24 students had 10 in class. Alot of classes were like that for a few weeks.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:22 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• There was a week in October where most of the kids had H1N1 after that it has been normal seasonal illnesses. There is strep throat going around now because of a stupid mom who sent all her kids to school with it after the doctor told her to take them home. She is not a favorite at the school right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Oh my Anon, I can imagine she's on the black list.
    My son was out yesterday with the stomach bug, he is feeling so much better and I hated to keep him home today but it hasn't been 24 hours since the last vomit episode, so he's home today resting or suppose to be resting.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 10:35 AM on Jan. 21, 2010