how can I put my son back on his routine?

His dad take him off lettin him nap later and stay up to 1am he is only 3 then he'll come home and sleep all day any ideals

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 10:21 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• Taking away afternoon naps will help or letting him only nap for an hour instead of 2 or 3 would also work. My son is four and naps for about an hour every afternoon, but it is a personal choice whether you take them away completely or just limit how long they last. It might be helpful to wake him at a reasonable time in the morning instead of letting him get up on his own. The first few days will be hard because he will be tired and cranky until he gets adjusted to a new sleep cycle but he will adapt. I think it would also be important to talk to his dad about using the same sleep/awaky routine or working out a schedule that would work well for both of you. It might be helpful to explain that he will be starting to school in a year and needs to be used to getting up earlier and going to bed earlier so that he can be well rested for school.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Start little by little! My son comes home from his grandmas all out of wack!!! It takes me about a week to get him back to normal...but you have to start with baby steps like put him to bed at 10:30, then 9:45, and keep knocking bed time down until hes back to where you need him to be. Lay him down at reg. times for naps and wake him up....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 21, 2010