Birthday celebrations in school

Do your children's school allow special parties/snacks for your child's birthday in school?
What do you do if you have a child with summer birthday?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 10:29 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Well, my boys schools did allow it, I sent goodies for the ones who had school, because I felt like it was compensation for them having to go to school on their birthday. The one with the summer birthday....well, he was lucky because he didn't have to go to school on his birthday, so the whole day was his.....I didn't think I needed to do anything during the school year. It wasn't his birthday.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:36 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Most of our middle schools and elementary schools allow a little something for the kids. Like if a parent brings in cupcakes or something...they take a little time out to celebrate...other than that...if my child had a summer birthday, i would get all the names and phone numbers of her close friends and have an outside party like a BBQ or a Pool party depending on the surroundings!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 21, 2010