Anyone got a great/creative way to keep up with how much you spend weekly ect.?

I get the feeling sometime that my hubby thinks that I am blowing money. I want to be able to show him where it goes with reciepts but also on paper. This way we can both figure out how to cut corners. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• Microsoft money is a great way to budget/track spending. You can categorize it based on the store you spent it at, what the money was spent on (entertainment, food, bills, miscellanious), and how you paid (credit card, cash, check, or debti card).

Something else I've started to do is make separate purchases when I go to the store. I pay for everything we need like personal care items and food in one purchase and then things like clothes, toys, and other nonessential items in a second purchase.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:37 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• We use online banking. You can see your balance with just a couple clicks. You can also pay bills, transfer money, and see which purchases are pending or have already gone through. Check to see if your bank has it.
    In addition to this, I also write all of our month's expenses in a notebook, broken down by what gets paid which paycheck.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 10:39 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• keep a register show him the register it is written keep all your reciepts in a file folder...
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• We use quicken to track it for us - but you have to put EVERYTHING in there or it won't come out right.

Answer by missanc at 11:00 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I write the dates on my receipts and stuff them in an envelope on my fridge. Then at the end of the pay period I itemize what I bought into different columns "necessities and non-necessities". I do it for myself though so I can cut out as many unnecessary purchases as possible the next pay period.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• i just went to microsoft and made a graph and put the maont date and what it was for..and then saved receipts...and made one for bills so when a bill comes in i add it to the papper and put the date to be sent and go ahead and write the check and stamp it..so i just mail it out on the date ..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I use Excel so that we didn't go into the red during the month and could determine how much we could afford to save each month.

Along the top are the days of the week and then down the side are the major bills etc.
    We charge all our smaller items so they already appear on the CC statement.
    At the end of each month I copy the same rows down for the next month and update bill amounts and the days we get paid.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I use Quicken

Answer by admckenzie at 2:16 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I use a extra calendar I write all my bills on it every month and keep all my receipts from what I purchase I have my own home business so I have to figure out all that I spend doing it every month helps at the end of the year. I put my bills & reciepts in shoe boxes and every yr clean them out and put with tax info for the yr.
    Lindles

Answer by Lindles at 9:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2010