Where can I get my daughter;s ears pierced?

I have a 4 month old daughter and I would like to have her ears pierced. I asked her pediatrician and he said he knows of others pediatricians who do it but that he doesnt do it. So Im wondering where can I go that's is safe to have her ears pierced?

SB2217

Asked by SB2217 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Clairs (if you have one), and most jewlery stores and tatoo places do them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Do you have a mall in your area? Piercing Pagoda? By the way, you should wait a few more months....my dd doctor said to wait till mine had atleast 2 doses of DTAP vaccine...to help prevent infection. Just in case!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I got DDs ears peirced when she was 5 months old. I did it at a Piercing Pagoda in the mall. It hurts like a shot, they cry for a couple seconds, and then its over. Make sure you keep up with the after care!! Also, just beware people might give you dirty looks for choosing this for your child. Its stupid. I got so many dirty looks when DD was getting pierced. Just ignore them!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 10:42 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• If your pediatrician won't do it, isn't that enough to tell you it probably isn't a good idea?!?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I've seen those places at the mall but I didnt know if it was safe to do it with them.

My daughter's pediatrician wont do it just because he doesnt do that... not because he doesnt think its a good idea. He also said to go to the mall and do it at those places.

But I've never seen a baby getting her ears pierced there so I didnt know if I should do it there or not.

Thanks for your responses though. I'll go check it out and find out if they will do it on a baby.

And yes Im sure people will judge me for getting my daughter's ears' pierced this young. But my husband and is ok with it and my pediatrician said it was ok too so that's really all I need and care about to make a decision. Everybody else always seem to think they know what's better for somebody else's' child
    SB2217

Answer by SB2217 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I personally don't agree with piercing a baby's ears, but if you're set in your decision, please take her to a licensed piercer that pierces with a needle, not a gun. I would not trust anyone who did not have a piercing license. It might take some time to find a place that will pierce children, but it's worth the time to find someone who knows what they are doing. The piercers also use the piercing hoops that allow room for any swelling that might happen, and don't come out unless you take them out. I live in New York, on Long Island, and I've found that Utopia will pierce a child with their birth certificate and mom's ID. I also wouldn't trust anyone that requires a shot record. That makes me feel like they're worried about giving your kid a disease, and want to make sure that they're vaccinated to cover their asses. Utopia does NOT require a vaccination record. My 4 year old got done there and my friends 6 or 7 mo ol
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:07 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• My friend took her 6 or 7 month old there recently, and they also did not require a vaccination record for her either. The cost for us was $48 and was worth it to know it was being done right.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:08 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Thanks!
    I will definitely look into a licensed piercer!

I live in Maryland so I have no idea where to find one in the area. I'll look it up though.

Thanks again everyone!
    SB2217

Answer by SB2217 at 11:35 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• my sister used to worlk for a pediatrician . so she did my daughters at 3 mts
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:53 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I just called all the tattoo/piercing places in my area until I found one that would pierce children. I think that a doctor should give medical treatment, a jeweler should sell jewelry and a piercer should pierce. It did take a while before I found a piercer that would pierce my child. Take your time in finding the right place, because what you are doing is fairly permanent, so you want it to be done right, and by the right person. 

Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2010