Have you converted to a religion other than the one in which you were raised?

If so, from which to which?

manna1qd

Asked by manna1qd at 8:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was raised a Christian and now I'm Jewish
    Anonymous

• I was raised Presbyterian and am now Pagan.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 8:25 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I was raised Presbyterian, and now I'm Christian.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I have plans of taking on a second religion...I am missionary baptist. my husband is catholic. I like both religions as of course both are christian. so I don't want to say I am giving up one for the other, but I know many people find things that are more appealing to them. The godparents of our children are one of each, one catholic and one missionary baptist. I feel this allows us to give our kids not only the choice but the resources to turn to should they need help either way. Good Luck
    Anubis8733

Answer by Anubis8733 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I was raised Methodist, but now I'm agnostic.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 9:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I was raised and baptised Lutheran, Confirmed Episcopal, Married a Catholic and now go to a non-denominational Church ran by the Baptists...I am a pretty well rounded Christian gal! LOL
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 9:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I personally have not but my mother was forced to. My Grandmother (dads mom) said its Religion or my Son and my mom chose my dad, thank goodness, lol. She went from Protistant to Catholic and since our church fell apart she has refused to be Catholic anymore and just isn't going to church. It was a VERY hard change for her and only happened b/c of the Wonderful priest that we had when I was growing up. Mom and I both quit going to church when he retired a few years ago.
    Taurie

Answer by Taurie at 9:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I was raised Catholic but I didn't believe in the religion. I didn't understand why I should pray to a picture and statue. Both can be destroyed. But then my Mom converted into Christianity (the ones that believe there are three in one) .
    Then at age 18 I gave my life to Jesus Christ. I'm Apostolic. One God , One aim and destiny.
    MunkyS

Answer by MunkyS at 10:25 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I was raised catholic and am now atheist.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 8:02 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I was raised Lutheran and am now Pagan/Wiccan.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:22 AM on Jun. 26, 2008