Which is better Sams Club or BJ's?

Thinking of getting a membership. What kinds of food do they have in bulk? Like juice boxes, Ho Ho's, cereal? Looking to just buy food there.

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 10:51 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You can get day pass from Sam's club I know. You can look around and price things and see if it would work for you. I don't know about BJ's because we don't have one. I know when we wanted to make sure Sam's was good for us. We went to customer service counter and explain we would wondering if there was a way to look around an make a dission before we got a memeber ship. They gave us a pass for the day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• They have any kind of food you can imagine. First check at your local Sam's Club because a lot of them are going out of business. Other than that, it's just a matter of personal choice. For me, I've found BJs to be better. The things we buy most often are diapers, juice boxes, pasta, spaghetti sauce, lunch box snacks (prepackaged chex mix, pretzels, etc), instant grits. We also buy our paper products there and it saves us tons - toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, paper plates, etc. Check out your local place before you buy a membership - they don't have everything (my son loves a certain flavor or poptarts that they just don't carry). We also get our gas there, which is cheaper than other places.

Answer by missanc at 10:57 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• IMO BJ's. They have coupons and you can use your own coupons. Plus I feel like it is more set up for the individual to buy bulk where as Sams club is really more set up for venders.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 11:02 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• ...kinda off topic...if you have a restaurant supply store in town check it out. We have one and it is much much better than Sam's or Costco.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:30 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Costco hands down.All the cereal and kiddie foods from a-z. Restaurant Depot is not for kid friendly homes. Those stores are for company parties, school events and group associated .Besides you freeze your a@@ off in Restaurant Depot.It is a huge refrigerator and then they have the freezer section where they keep it like 30 degrees. Gross..........
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 11:34 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• BJs accepts manufacturers coupons.

I won't shop at Sam or Walmart for moral reasons: www.wakeupwalmart.com

Answer by rkoloms at 11:51 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I've been member to Costco and BJ's . No Sams here. Both are pretty much the same. both have coupons books and such. Some of the brands sold might be different. I suggest you pick the one closest to you so you don't have to waste too much on gas.
    Anonymous

• PS: I wouldn't follow customer service horror stories. Nowadays everybody's rude. They'll probably tax it one day... lol
    Anonymous

• I like Sam, but my husband like bjs! lol

However, we have a membership to Costco.
    Anonymous

• I've never heard of Restaurant Depot. Our local store is called Cash and Carry. I buy all of our pasta, dried beans, rice, chips, bacon, lunch meat, cheese, sugar, flour, oil, spices, cereal....oh wow...I buy a lot of stuff there! They have the cheapest milk in town and also have great fresh fruit and veggies. I routinely get 15 lb bags of potatoes for .99 cents....pork loin $1.89 lb...cheddar cheese...5 lbs. for $7.99..
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2010