How do muslim women raise male children when they have to obey the boys once they turn 9?

I have heard that once a boy becomes 9, his mother must then obey him. If this is so....how on earth is a mother to establish any kind of authority? Is the child expected to act as an adult and care for his mother? This also applies to the female children. How can anyone expect fair, just treatment from a 9 year old child, who has yet to fully understand what is right and wrong? If the age is not 9, when do mothers have to start obeying their children, and is the child also allowed to beat his mother and sisters like the father is allowed to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Remember,inmany societies women are property.You correct a stubborn mule or camel,why should your wife be any different?
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 11:28 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Yes,the child is allowed to beat his mother and female siblings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• FOR REAL?! I am so glad that God said to love, cherish and respect your wife. Not go ahead and beat her it's cool.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Wow and people still say this is a peaceful religion when it teaches abuse?
    First time I heard of this. Where is this information?

I too am glad God teaches us to honor our mother and father, to respect the spouse.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:27 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• there is no way this is true
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 11:31 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I don't believe any of that is true, my neighbors across the street have 3 boys..........ages 15, 13, and almost 9. They are so friendly and the boys are very well behaved and they do obey their mother........for example if their mother tells them to be home at a certain time, they will frequently ask what time it is so that they are not late, also their mother makes them do their homework right when they get home. I think whoever or whereever you got this info from was probably a hateful person
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 11:38 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• how dumb, The Koran clearly stes to follow the law of the land, in the USA you are not an adult until you are 18.

People read into things like they shouldn't, Koran is history tied in with commands form God. People who don't read the translations with knowledge of what it is do get wild ideas like this all the time.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:38 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I think we should let a Muslim mommy answer so that we can get accurate information.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• * TMJ121099 you are right, but this is histiry you are talking about, and we live in THE USA. Quran does not change its rules for a society or a time.

Understanding what the Quran is will help you better understand.

Like did you know that Muhammed preached that his words were the words and teachings of Jesus from God?

Yup!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Muslim mommy-By what definition, and what sect?

Its not that simple.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:43 AM on Jan. 21, 2010