Banfield at Petsmart!

Do you have your animals on it and what do you think? We are thinking about putting our 3yr old pomeranian and almost 4yr papillon on the program and I just wanted some feedback.

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Pets

• Some are really good and other not so good. I would check them out and ask around. I don't use them but a friend of mine did and her dog nearly died because they did not treat the dog the way they should have.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:17 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I have not had good experiences with them.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 11:21 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Scammy.

Unless you have an animal that you know comes from a line of genetic disorders common to the breed bc you have the pedigree and the history of illness in the family, huge waste of money.

The vets there aren't the greatest. The groomers either. My friend is a groomer and only made it a few months before he got so sick of the crap he left. They are very money focused and the employee turn over is so high that it is hard to estalish a relationship with the vet, the techs, and the groomer.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:26 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I am a Registered Vet tech and use to work for Banfield and an Emergency Hospt for animals. Are you asking about the Wellness plans? The wellness plans are for healthy animals for vaccines and regular check ups. If your animals are having serious health issues then dont do it. You will be locked into a contract that you will still have to pay for. You might as well get dog insurance.

Danielle
    http://www.momsforahealthyhome.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 5:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• No. They charge a lot more and aren't very knowledgeable, imo.
    Nzumbe

Answer by Nzumbe at 10:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I take all three of my dogs to our local Banfield. And I have no complaints. I have not had any issues with them.
    ARIAS1111

Answer by ARIAS1111 at 10:04 PM on Jan. 24, 2010