Did Your Tubal Fail?

I had a baby a few months back and got a tubal. They did the clamps. I am now about 4 days late on my period. DH is worried that I'm pregnant. I was just curious, how often a tubal has failed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Health

• I don't know, I've heard of a few women who had conceived, but not implanted or just barely, when they got a tubal and ended up having another child, but I got spayed, and better STAY that way! I'd check with the doctor if it's been a few months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Sometimes the tubal itself can mess up your period for a while. After I got my tubal (was on my period when they did it) I didn't have a period for 6 months. The gynecologist had to prescribe something to just start my period. It's regular again, now. But, my husband got a vasectomy too before I got my tubes tied. We took extra measures. :o)
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 11:35 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Not yet. i had mine done back in Aug 09. But I will tell you for the last 2 months I was a week later then normal(Well I am a week late now and am still waiting) I figure my periods will be changing again for some reason. I got mine cut and burned.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 11:40 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Things to consider:
    How many periods have you had since the baby? Your body may not be on a schedule yet. (Not that there is a perfect cycle anyway)
    Were you on birth control before the TL? Birth control give you an artificial schedule, its not usually so perfect when it is naturally occurring, and your body can be funky 'til it adjusts.
    I had a TL (tubes cut and a portion removed) and then had endometrial ablation, so even if mine were to fail, there's no way in hell I could stay pregnant. Plus, my husband has a vasectomy, so I am not much help.
    _Kitty_kat_

Answer by _Kitty_kat_ at 11:52 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I've heard your cycle can become a little wacky after a tubal, so that may be it. Or there are several other reasons your cycle could get off track. However, there is a slight chance that a tubal can reverse itself if not done properly or not healing properly. The best way to figure it out is take a test. If you're still unsure there is no harm in making an appointment with your OB.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I have a tubal. The cut and burn kind. Had to for 23 years and never got pregnant.

Answer by louise2 at 12:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2010