Why do you think this is happening so often??

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34914276/ns/us_news/
Family killing family? What is this world coming to???

Asked by older at 11:24 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I think it needs reporting but I sure wish they would give the good news along with the bad. We hear it much quicker now then we ever would have 20 years ago but they don't balance things out. Remember I think the name was Baby Jessica and how she was stuck in that pipe thing? The nation listened for days wanting to know how things were going. We just don't get many of those feel good story's anymore.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I always chuckle when I hear "what is this world coming to." This has been happenig since the dawn of time. According to Christians, the first brothers ever were killers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• It's called CRAZY. What ever happened to just plain crazy?
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:31 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• The world is coming to a continued break in technological advancements & psychologically debated viewpoints. However, as far as murder amongst family members go, it has stayed the same (if not gotten better & more civilized) as it has always been. The only reason it seems any different is because of the first two things I mentioned...the technological advancements (so we're able to quickly catch wind of every single thing that happens in every corner of this planet making it seem like things are happening more often) & psychologically debated viewpoints (where we question why people do the things they do, think the way they think, etc etc so that we must evaluate every murder & horrible act that evry person does).
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• In a small town near where I came from there were two family murder suicides. I went to school with one of the mothers. And then in the same small town a teen killed his parents. People are just weak and sick.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:44 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• your watching too much tv is you have to ask "what the world is comming to" bad things are happening everywhere, but if you watch too much tv and hear about it often, your going to think its alot. its the media...do what i do.. tune out the news and you wont hear anything and you dont have to worry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• This has been going on since the beginning of time and nothing new. We just have 24/7 new programs that sensationalize everything. Crime has actually gone down the past few years. We are more likely to be murdered by a loved one or someone we know than a stranger. Women kill their children just as often as men do on area in violent crime women are a violent as men. The world is actually better today than in the past. Women can speak out against their husbands when hit. Black people are not at the back of the bus unless they choose to sit there and children are able to tell when abused or molested. I think you need to turn off the TV and get some fresh air.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I guess you guys are right! too much news, I shouldn't be reading the paper either ? I guess the term "ignorance is bliss" would be appropriate here ?

Answer by older at 12:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

I don't think ignorance is bliss. The world does have real problems but they are the same problems that have always plagued man kind.
    Anonymous

• It is correct that these types of things have been happening since the beginning of time. However, I do think because so people believe they have right to do anything they want without any repercussions. Blaming others for our own misdeeds is par for the course.
    Anonymous