Any one have sever back pain while pregnant???

I'm around 20 weeks pregnant with my second child. At night when I go to lay down if I place any pressure on my back or sides directly I have such sever back pain. It takes me over 5 min. to roll over from one side to the other when this happens and the pain is so strong it takes my breath. I was just wondering if any of you had this problem and what you did to help it. My dr. told me a heating pad and 2 Tynol.... only thing is i can put the heat where I need to with out sleeping on my back and Tynol doesn't really touch the pain.......The only "remedy" I've found which isn't really one is to sleep nearly completely on my tummy which is gonna get harder and harder to do... lol. Well thanks for your time! Hope you all have a Blessed day!!! Feel free to share any advice...
-Becca

TrulyBlessed111

Asked by TrulyBlessed111 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• See a chiroprator. It so helped me throught out my pregnancies.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:49 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Yes, it is all the extra weight you are carrying.
    Anonymous

• Yes. Mine pain was in my upper back really bad. I got a massage from a therapist that specializes in prenatal massages. It was the best thing ever! My back pain was completely gone within a couple days. Ask your doctor first though.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Yep, and the chiropractor was my savior! I went as often as I could - usually every 2 weeks - and it helped sooooo much!
    Anonymous