Pelosi says she doesn't have the votes to pass senate healthcare bill.

"I don't think it's possible to pass the Senate bill in the House," Pelosi told reporters after a morning meeting with her caucus. "I don't see the votes for it at this time."

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says the message from Massachusetts voters isn't to drop health care, but to move forward with their considerations in mind.
What will they try next?

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 12:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• The stripped down version - check last night's questions and there's a link to an article about it that Friday posted. It amazingly appeared "within hours" of the election being called, but they haven't given more than general ideas of what's in it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• EWWWWWW - put a warning on your links when they have pictures of Botoxzilla in em. I'm trying to eat lunch here!
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Right so it was either another version put aside...or she whipped it up within a couple of hours...yeah eitherway I feel real good about that :eye roll: and she is another delusional one MA voted in a pub who just so happens to be AGAINST Obamas policies all because the bill didnt have a public option or whatever else...SPARE ME..

Tired of it like I said in another post these people cannot be trusted and I wont hold my breath for one damn second that she will actually be fair and work with others to come up with a bill that the majority can be happy with...so just kill it all already..and when seats are changed later this yr lets work for a REAL halthcare reform bill without all the added bs..pork and taxing us without any representation for years...without a government take over or the mandated bs.Pelosi is one of the most loathed people on that hill and somehow she stays there.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• She stays there because she represents some of the most delusional people in the country. Remember, she's from California.
    Anonymous

And the San Fransisco area to boot.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Glad that they have to rethink this, but it is frightening to think of what they may come up with instead.

(Can I say that it sucks to be HER! ??)
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Yes it is 29again because apparently SHE and some of the others still do not get it..look at the denial over why a republican won in MA for the first time in YEARSSSS..

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• What a shame.....not.
    Anonymous

• Okay...she is from the San Francisco area.....I get what you are saying. California is famous for the Liberal and forward-looking population and San Francisoc is famous for a Gay population,right? I see a bit of prejudice there. Along with the basic prejudice against anyone who is not a Conservative Christian. Gawdddd...so much prejudice and meaness here at CM.
    Anonymous