why can't she take my advice????

I have a friend.. who's engaged to a guy, they're living off his
INHERITANCE MONEY for now... notice I capitalize the word inheritance, I
have a reason for that.

they bought a brand new car (2011 kia sorento), got a house for rent in
another town, already spent 3 months in a hotel.. and yet.. no jobs..

/>

I've been trying over and over, don't do it.. it's a mistake because that
money will disappear quick before you know it.

and everything I tried to help her out saying don't do it because you need
to save the money UNTIL you get a job.. she stops talking to me for a
while.. really??? I'm trying to help her out and she chose to ignore me >.>

kittenripmaygo

Asked by kittenripmaygo at 12:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• i just went through a similar situation with a friend of mine. for your sake, just let her make her mistakes, be her friend, listen to her and don't try to play mom. i know it is bothersome because she is your friend and you are looking out for her, but she isn't asking for your advice so don't give it.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 12:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• maybe your friend is just having a fun time with this guy helping him blow his money....and when it is all gone she will come to her senses
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• She won't take your advice because she didn't ask for your advice and probably doesn't think that running her life is your job. She cannot see it your way because she has her own perspective and is wired differently than you are. Frankly, people are going to make their own mistakes and have to learn from them no matter how much we love them or how much we feel compelled to run their lives for them.
    Anonymous

• We have to let others make their own decisions even if we know it's wrong. You told her how you feel. You gave her advice. Now leave it alone....and don't tell her I told you so when it's all gone.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• The very first call you get from her, crying and begging for advice or cash, scream "I TOLD YA SO!" hang up, and change your number.
    Anonymous

• I'd ignore you too... I mean if I was her. You have a friend that is telling you everything you are feeling is wrong and she doesn't want to hear it. Let her alone and if you really treasure her as a friend be there when shit hits the fan and they are broke...
    RyleighsMoM3505

Answer by RyleighsMoM3505 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Yeah, you got to let her make her own decisions. There may be a time that she comes to you to talk about her problems, there may not. I wouldn't lend her money if she needed it though... also try not to say "I told you so."
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Do you have any idea how much inheritance money it is? It could be enough that what they're spending it on is like you or my being a pair of Keds. In which case, she probably doesn't know how to tell you to butt out. I agree that you don't go stupid while unemployed, but if you don't know 100% what is going on, I would leave it.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2010