100 day celebrations

I never heard of 100 day celebrations until CafeMom. Now my son's kindergarten class will be doing a celebration.
Does your kids class celebrate them? If so what do they do?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 12:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Everyone had to bring in a snack where there were 100 pieces and then they mixed it all into one big snack bowl and they each got a cup of it.
    Anonymous

• Our boys have always made something for the 100th day. This yr our youngest will be making something with 100 things on it. They are also making a t-shirt with puff paint on the 100th day. I think it's a way to learn and have fun at the same time. Our oldest took 100 hotwheels, our middle son put 100 football stickers on a big board in the shape of the number 100. This yr our youngest is making something with 100 marshmallows...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• MrsLeftlane, that sounds like lots of fun.

I got the call last night from the room parent asking if I'd bring goldfish in for them to use since they're doing some kind of snack thing. I think she said there would be 10 snacks and each kid would then get to take ten of each snack to make 100.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 12:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• For the preschool's 100 day, each kid is supposed to bring 100 of something, just to show what 100 looks like. In the older grades, they make 100 sunglasses (paper, in the shape of 100, each 0 is an "eye"), they read 100 minutes that day, they color pictures with 100, just different little activities. They do a snack thing too, I'm not sure what this teacher will do but last year the K teacher had each kid bring 100 peices of a food (raisins, chocolate chips, cheerios, etc) and they made 100 trail mix. They also get to wear their PJs & slippers to school, the cook makes a special lunch. Our school really celebrates it, it's crazy, but it's easy with a small school. February is a really celebrated month, there's something special going on every week!
    Anonymous

• I took my son to the local Dollar Tree store and we picked out all diffrent pencils, markers, highlighters, etc. Until we got to 100. We donated all of the materials to his class. Most of the items came in packs, so it didn't really cost a lot.
    candinicolo

Answer by candinicolo at 4:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• yes. they get have different activities that in the class that have to do with the number 100. we are probably going to do a t-shirt and then he is suppose to bring in 100 of something edible (like m&ms or something). they do it in older classes as well depending on the teachers.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Thanks everyone for responding. I'm looking forward to his 100th day and he seems to be too since they are counting down to it at school.

Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 1:54 PM on Jan. 22, 2010