Born With Sin!? WTF!?!

I was talking to a friend of mine this morning, she is catholic, and we were on the topic of the difference in our religion. SHE AND HER FAITH BELEIVE THAT BABIES ARE BORN WITH SIN!!! WTH IS THAT!?!?! How is that even possible?! It makes absolutely NO sense! If someone can explain THIS beleif to me, please, help me understand. This almost makes me hate her for beleiveing this...innocent babies straight out of their mothers womb, know no sin. Its making me sick, this beleif...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• yep, google "original sin"
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Yeah,that and baptising stillborns so they can go to heaven instead of limbo
    Anonymous

• Some people believe this because of the teachings in the bible. Please don't judge your friend for believing this way. It's part of her faith. You will get varying opinions on this subject. It just depends on what you believe.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 12:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Catholics don't believe that babies are born in sin. There is a theology called Original Sin. Original Sin is basically the sin of Adam and Eve. Catholics are also not taught Limbo as dogma. We don't have an official teaching on what happens to stillborn babies, although most Catholics believe they go right to the arms of God.
    Anonymous

• I think many take the passage in the bible of "the sins of the father are passed down to the children" to mean that babies are born w/ sin. I think it means that abuse is a learned behavior & many fathers pass these "sins" down generation to generation. I DO NOT believe that an innocent who has no ability to choose yet could possibly be held accountable for all their parents did before they came along. I think ppl that can look @ a newborn baby & see sin are disgusting & should look to cleanse their own souls.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 12:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• confusedYeah,that and baptising stillborns so they can go to heaven instead of limbo

I've never heard of this.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I've always heard this which is why we're taught we need Jesus. As a Protestant we dedicate them to God until they become of age to protect them until they are old enough to make their own spiritual decision for salvation.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Apparently, we are all born with this sin as a puishment for something two naked people did in a garden years ago.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Your friend is talking about original sin, It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with a newborn baby. Adam and Eve brought us original sin but you can also read this to mean mortal or human as we know it now. Adams sin was a sin that affected mankind forever, it changed the coarse of human history. An infant carries this history, because of Adam and Eves sin, with them. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• That really is a tough one. I don't see babies as little sinners, but if you look a few months later...I do not have to teach my toddler to do bad things or disobey. You have to teach your child to behave and what is right and wrong. Being disobedient or naughty just comes "naturally." Just speaking for myself, but my daughter LOVES to test her boundaries and has been since before she could walk! LOL
    ChereseB

Answer by ChereseB at 1:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2010