i got dark underarms??? i hate it. is there anything i can do to get rid of it??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• nope.
    Anonymous

• Hyper pigmentation can be a sign of a hormone imbalance. Do me a favor - check out the area at the base of your neck: is there a darkish ring around the back of your neck, right above your collar bone? How about your elbows and knees? Pubic area? I am mentioning this because I hated the dark areas I had for years and years, and only recently discovered that they are there because of a hormone imbalance I've had my whole life, and if I'd treated it earlier, I could have been a lot better off.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 12:38 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I guess I should have mentioned that my condition included dark underarms, too... Just to clarify.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 12:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• have you tried exfoliating them??? try a body scrub before shaving for the next few days. It may help remove some of the darker skin!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• iskkra had some good questions.

I would go see a dermatologist. If there isn't any physiological condition they may be able to lighten the area through skin bleaching.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Are you over weight? That can happen when someone is overweight- like morbidly obese. I know this cos it happened to me whenI was over 200 pounds. The dr said when I lost the weight it would go away. If not, then you can buy OTC skin lightening cream to make skin tone even.
    SwePea

Answer by SwePea at 2:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• it can also be a sign on diabetes. i had it and now i use dove deodarent and it went away.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I found out from my doctor who also runs a medspa some great information about dark underarms. Unfortunately, some people are just prone to having dark underarms due to their skin tone. In my case, she said that daily shaving with a razor may be contributing to the darkness under the arms. She recommended underarm laser surgery. My doctor said that if wasn't satisfied at that point, she could also recommend a cream as well. I've had a total of 5 underarm laser sessions (each session takes less than 15 mins). I no longer shave in that area and my underarms look amazing... I'm no longer concerned about the dark areas. Most importantly, my husband compliments me without any solicitation. He noticed! Love it!
    love_camo

Answer by love_camo at 2:22 AM on Feb. 2, 2010