What is the difference between a DS and a DSi? (video game)

I have heard the DSi takes pictures and of yourself...is that it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• THE DSI The Nintendo DSi is a high-powered handheld video game system in a sleek, folding design - loaded with features like touch screen control for a unique gaming experience. Snap photos with the built-in camera, edit and send them to friends, play back your music with Nintendo DSi Sound, or browse the Internet with the Nintendo DSi Browser. From playing games to just playing around, the Nintendo DSi does it all. The system can also play most Nintendo DS games, and will have access to a library of more than 850 titles originally made for that system.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• My dd has a DS..but I've seen the DSI. The DSI can take pics and then you can draw on the pic on the screen and do really silly things with the pictures..like turn them into a swirl like a face in a bottle kind of stuff. From what i understand the games are interchangeable so you cna use them on either. I think the picture feture (which is very cool) is the only difference.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• the DSi does take pictures but it also DOES NOT have the game boy advanced game slot...you can usually buy these really cheap!!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Don't get the DSi. My dd upgraded from the DSlite to the DSi. The stupid thing drive me crazy. She is taking ugly pictures of dh and me and morphing and distorting them. She and my 5 yr old gooof around and say things and play them back sounding like the chipmunks~I hate it and I want to take the expensive thing to a pawn shoppe while she is at school.
    Anonymous

• The only difference is the picture capabilities. We went for the DS instead because it can use the game boy advance games, and we already had a bunch of those. DSi cannot use the game boy advance games.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2010