Head really far down..

I went to the doctor today and she told me the baby's head was SO FAR down it was hard for her to check me, when she did finally figure it out I was only 1 cm dilated.. with his head being so far down does that mean I could maybe dilate faster or it will be easier to push him out during labor because he's already so far down?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• nah i think it's normal ;) just my opinion. gl!
    Anonymous

• Heavens! Sounds like it will be time any second now. Hopefully with all the pressure you will dialate quickly and possibly deliver faster. It really just depends on you body! Go take a walk and have sex! That worked for me! I hope you have a great delivery!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 1:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• not really. evryone is different. with my seond i was having contactions i wnet to the hospital and they stop but ds was very low. i was 3cm dialted and my water broke a few hrs laet at home. i pushed for 6 mts. with dd i was 38 wks and i was 4cm(had membrane stripped) doc broke my water and after 16hrs of labor i pushed about 8 mts. but thats me. i have a frinwed who pushed for 2 hrs and her baby wa salso very low prior to labor
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• anotehr thing. just cuz the head is slow it wont nmean you will dialted faster. its different for everyone and each labor is different. even for the same person.
    dd i was 4cm when i went into labor for real. it took me 16 hrs to get to 10
    ds i was 3cm and it took me 12 hrs to get to 10.
    mys sier went form 1-10 in 3 hrs. and my friend went fotrm 0-10 in a hr
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I went in yesterday and the dr. said my baby was "exceptionally low". It was hard for her to find my cervix because of this. She said that it didn't mean that the baby would be coming any sooner than it would if she was higher (I am only 33 weeks)... but she did say that if contractions started at 36 weeks I shouldn't try to stop them- I don't know. All I do know is that it feels like I am being stabbed in the vagina every time i stand up :) Good Luck!
    Call your dr. office and ask just in case- set your mind at ease.
    Anonymous

• Well I'll be 37 weeks in a couple of days but the baby is measuring a week early so he'll be measuring 38 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jan. 22, 2010