Calling all the old fashion woman(not meaning old)

My man is driving me crazy, but I love him:
I Know he does not cheat. (well at least he does not give me reason to believe he does) He is kinda a hermit, where I am not..
He makes sure we have everything we need, is wonderful to complimentor. Your beautiful, blah, blah blah.. and He does laundry!! and fold the clothes. Takes the kids out, at least twice a month.
However, He don't cook maybe once a year, he don't pick up the kids from after school unless I insist he does, he is not romantic, and very strict with the kids.
He believes you were born alone, you die alone. Which I wonder if for the rest of my life I can live like that?

I work, cook, clean the house, and keep the kids up. Sometimes I feel like I will never get things right.

I love him but how do I handle it.... He is a loner...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• So you want to throw away a perfectly good man over him cooking only once a year, not romantic, not picking up the kids and being too strict with them? These are all things that can be dealt with using communication skills. However, if it's too much for you to deal with then toss him out. I'm sure lots of other women would love a man who only commits these minor faux pas.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Old fashion women? Excuse me but old fashion men ALL act the way he does. They wouldn't think of helping with chores or kids and they are controllers who rule the roost and are strict so you are calling for the wrong ladies on this one!
    Anonymous

• You can accept it and move on with your life, or you can try to change the situation. You can ask him to do certain things for you from time to time; tell him that you know these aren't important to him, but you feel you need them from time to time to feel appreciated. Tell him what you need from him, and don't expect him to know without being told. Try to do it in a nice way and not a nagging way. Give him encouragement - let him know how much you appreciate it when he does do something nice for you.
    Anonymous

• are you a SAHM? Does he work full time? have y'all talked about what y'all responsibilities are? have you talked to him about this?
    Anonymous

• Sometimes when you can't change the way things are, it helps to change the way you look at things. An example is choosing to see the glass half empty or half full.
    Anonymous

• I work.
    Anonymous

• Go read the question today in this secion called I Hope Things Change and start to count your blessings. You have a good man who stands by your side.
    Anonymous

• My Dh is the samee way. We both work f/t and I do everything for our kids. He does pick up our oldest b/c By the time I pick up the baby the after school program is closed. He will not watch the baby b/c the baby might cry. Try talking to your hubby and see what you can work out. I know that in my house it takes me breaking down to get Dh to help and even that doesn't last. I say I married him for a reason and it wasn't to take care of our kids or our house. GL
    Anonymous