what's your toddler's favorite healthy meal?

In general my kids eat what we eat, and eat a balanced diet, so please, no need to respond to this with a statement to that effect... We all know, sometimes mom and dad plan on dining with wine AFTER 8pm, and the kids need a bite at 5:30, or lunches need to happen quickly...

I just posted about my daughter's favorite lunch -- a cheese and beans (and now I add all sorts of veggies) quesadilla -- in response to another question. But it got me thinking... I hadn't discovered this meal when my first daughter was a toddler, and it's my little one's favorite, plus it's quick AND healthy. What are your secret lunches or snacks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• salmon and green beans..... he lOVES it..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Whole grain crackers & cheese, and veggies & fruit with or without dips. For lunch or snack. Mine eat a lot of leftovers for lunch. I like to make big pots of soup and freeze in small containers - much healthier than canned and almost as fast.
    Anonymous

• Well, my daughter's taste buds seem to change from one day to the next, but she loves broccoli, peas, green beans.......basically anything green and she loves cheese. Yesterday, we had gnocchi and she INHALED it, so we will have that more often now that I know she loves it.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• My son loves carrots and anything, i usually do a pot of boiled chicken and carrots for him for fast lunchs, or veggie pie, which is all the left over veggies in the fridge on a tortillia with a little cheese.
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 2:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• anything that includes a cup of yogurt, like waffles in the morning and a cup of yogurt is my sons favorite. Sometimes for lunch he has eggs and something else.
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 2:12 AM on Jan. 23, 2010