Relatives of Americans missing in Haiti angry?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100121/ap_on_re_us/us_haiti_missing_americans

This story has made my blood boil. There are thousands of dead bodies across one city and these parents seem to think their family should be found here and now. It's people like this that make me want to slap the shit outta them!

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 1:37 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I would be scared and upset. I wouldn't be yelling at my government though. There is a strong possiblity they have already been buried or are simply in a pile awating burial. This is a horrible thing the families may have to come to terms with.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I agree to a point, but I'm sure we'd feel differently if it was our children missing over there.

Anonymous

• I am sorry, but if I were in their shoes, I would be angry too! I personally would have found a way to go and search myself!
    Their anger is out of frustration.

Answer by older at 1:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I would be upset but not with the government. Expecting the US to find their children is a bit far fetched. Get on a plane and go search for your child.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• They are not only angry, they are SCARED. It is interesting that you are assigning feelings and a burden to these people that is impossible for ANYONE to carry. Your reaction is to want to slap them?!!!! Have a little compassion.
    Anonymous

• I can understand them they want something done and are in a situation where they are worried and upset and just don't really know who to blame. If your child might be one of those bodies in the street would you be rational right now?
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Very sad ..I feel sorry for them and it seems normal in what they are dealing with to feel angry at someone even if it isnt the governments fault they are hurting and so it happens
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• My 19 year old daughter is missing over there we are scared and frustrated but not mad at our Government. They don't run Haiti and are not responsible for her being there or the earthquake. The building she was in completely collapsed and I know she was in that building when the quake hit she was on a phone there leaving a message on our home phone. I have very little hope she is alive my husband is over there trying to get to where she was at. I do know the kids she was working with were all saved but her and other Americans are missing. I keep thinking she is working so hard to help others she just forgot to get word to us but in my heart I know my daughter is gone I felt a really strong sense she was gone before I heard about the earthquake. I felt it then called my husband he said he heard there was an earthquake in Haiti and I knew she was gone. I hope I am wrong. I hope these other parents can get over their anger
    Anonymous

• I can understand how they feel, but it is a bit over the top to expect that they are entitled to a miracle --- quote from article>>>>"This is the United States of America. They perform miracles all across the world ... Where's our miracle?"

I would find a way to get there, or let the search teams they sent down there do what they went to do.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2010