Swollen/Tender Gland in Groin area from Stomach Flu?

Has anyone has a swollen gland in the groin area? Is it pretty obvious when they are swollen? I am not sure if what I felt was that but I came across a sore area (by accident) that felt like a groin. I couldn't tell it was there unless I was really looking for it and by laying a certain way to make it stick out more. It was gone the next day. Does this sound like a gland? Could it be from a stomach flu? I never had this before and am kinda worried what it could be.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Health

• Lymph node. Yes, can be from the flu, but you could also have been battling a bit of another bug besides. When your body fights illness your glands swell up. I"ve been dealing with the same thing - been battling some upper resp stuff and noticed a swollen gland in my groin. Was gone within a few days, went to the doctor anyway and this all is what she told me. If it swells up again and you aren't sick and don't get sick within a couple days, it can be your body fighting something off but it wouldn't be a bad idea to call your doc to mention it just in case.
    Anonymous