those of you with mirena

when did you guys have it put on? was it at the pp visit or did you have another form of bc and then decided to get the mirena? did you wait for your period to comeback or did you just get the mirena after you stop your other bc?

piwife

Asked by piwife at 1:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Health

• I went on the pill shortly after having my son and then went onto the MIrena a few months later (when son was 3-4 months old). IT was akward having it put in and my husband said that he could feel it (there are 2 small strings that hang down). I had it taken out when my son was 18months old and got pregnant the next day. Seriously. It is supossed to take a few months, but this was not hte case with me. I do not think I will go on it again, but it was a lot easier than remembering to take a pill each day while juggling a newborn. Good Luck!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 2:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• am on the depo shot. i have been on it almosta year but am not likeing it so much. so thats why am making the decision to get mirena. i havent had a period for a while except for spottinf here and there. i heard that if you get mirena before your period it hurts more.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:03 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• 3 months or so after giving birth. I don't think you can get it right away at the post-partum appointment because you need to heal up a little more before it will stay in.
    Anonymous

• i was on the depo shot for a good while then got sick of going in ever couple months, so i discovered mirena. i do not know if it would hurt more before your period, ive never had cramps while on my period..im guessing if you get cramps on your period, putting in the mirena makes it worse, when i got the mirena first put in, that was the first time i ever in my life felt cramps for the day. its just a side effect.

i didnt wait for my period at all though. i just did it.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I got mine about 4 months pp, so Nov. 2008------------------------I breastfed, so I hadn't had a period yet. I haven't had a period since Sept. 2007. Occasionally, I feel a little crampy, but that's about it. I don't have any other side effects, but I want to get it removed, because I want to get pregnant again.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2010