Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child support?

how can i do it? where do i go? any info will help thanks!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (4)
  • Contact your local child support enforcement agency, they'll tell you what you need to do. GL


    Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

  • It's usually done through the Dept of Revenue or Dept of Human Resources. Just google Child support enforcement and put in your state. It should bring up contact information on where to go

    Answer by admckenzie at 2:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

  • Filing for child support is actually not all that complicated.
    You need to go to your local court house and ask who you need to speak with in order to file for child support.
    You'll need the fathers SSN, DOB, Work address, Home address, and current telephone numbers.
    You may be required to pay a fee, not sure. However, mine was waived because my daughter is on medicaid, secondary.
    Youll have a court date...and youll meet with someone that will ask a lot of ?s about how much you make, how often do you get paid, how many hours a week, and what you actually bring home. And same goes for the father.
    You then can either agree on an amount, or set with what the guideline comes up with...which is what I recommend...because I agreed on a slightly lower amount to shut her father up...hmmm, did him a favor not so much me or Cameran.
    Then youll have the option of whether or not you want to sign up through an enforcement agency that does

    Answer by camzma0407 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

  • cont,.
    direct deposit...the enforcement agency will have his employer automatically take the money from his check every time he gets paid, send it to the agency, and they will send the money to you or deposit it into your account within 24 hours of them receiving the money.
    wish you luck! let me know how things go!

    Answer by camzma0407 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Money & Work
Tax Question

Next question overall (Health)