Diagnosed with Subchorionic Hemorrhage

I am 22 years old with a two year old son healthy son with whom I had a healthy pregnancy. I got pregnant last July, and in September at nine weeks a "for fun" ultrasound at school showed no heartbeat. After an ER visit and two days of painful waiting, we discovered the baby had died. I subsequently had a D&C. The whole thing broke my heart, I really want another baby.
I am now currently 9 wks 2 days pregnant again. I had an second ultrasound yesterday which showed a small (7mmx3mmx4mm) subchorionic hemorrhage. The baby is growing and thriving with a strong heartbeat. My doctor says not to worry but he has my on weekly ultrasounds now to keep an eye on it. Still I can't help worrying, and I am so scared, because I can't stand the idea of going through another loss. Any words of advice?

Sandie0819

Asked by Sandie0819 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had one at the beginning of my pregnancy. It scared me too. I just relaxed and tried not to do too much heavy work. I am now 32 weeks pregnant and everything is great with the baby! ((((Hugs))) I know how stressful it can be.
    ameliasmama1

Answer by ameliasmama1 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I don't know much about them either. I am 7 weeks pregnant following a recent miscarriage and I have a subchronic bleed which I think is very similar to what you have. The doctor told me that I will prob. bleed on and off for the first trimester. She also said to rest if I start to bleed and not to have sex through the first trimester. She did say it is something to keep an eye on, but in 99 percent of the cases it will clear up on its own! So I am worried, like you, but she sounded pretty hopeful that it can happen and it is usually fine.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 3:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2010