What are your cravings? And do you always give in when given the opportunity?

I look at it like this, as women we generally spend a large portion of our lives worrying about our weight, and what we eat. Pregnancy is the best excuse to eat what you want and not care what others think, w/in reason of course. (I heard some women crave paint chips, glue, or soap. Which you may want to limit the quanities of those, I heard they are high in fat and calories, as well as sugar. LOL) Anyway, what are your cravings and do you give in?

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 2:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• with this preg i craved taco's 5-7 weeks about 9 weeks i craved chicken and last night (14weeks) i craved hamburg. yummy lol and yes i did eat those
    Anonymous

• W/ my 1st it was apple juice and popsicles. #2 Was ice cream for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks #3 Moolattes from dairy queen. I know not the best thing, but hey, I only drank one at a time. lol. #4 Now w/ this one It was mint chocolate chip ice cream, then it went to sour patch kids, then coke icee's, then apples, then sherbert, then apples again, and now a root beer float sounds really good. LOL. I'd also love to have an Arby's roast beef sandwich right now. Mmmmmmm. Darn it, I'm soooo hungry now!!!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 2:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Oh yeah, and yes I give in every time I can get hubby to go get it for me. LOL.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 2:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I loved fried poatoes. I would get up a midnight to make them.
    Anonymous

• this is my first and im almost done with my first trimester so i've been craving mexican food and chicken fingers and french fries, and iced coffee from mickey d's and latley i been craving cinn rasin toast with lots of butter and orange slices
    MOMMY2BE0786

Answer by MOMMY2BE0786 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• With #1 I would occasionally crave meat or fried chicken. Nothing really with #2. With my 3rd I craved milk and fruit. I could literally drink a quart of milk a day and occasionally did. Or I would go to Whole Foods and get a package of precut pineapple and berries.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• i almost forgot i am craving 49 cent ice cream cones (vanilla soft serve) from baskin robbins
    MOMMY2BE0786

Answer by MOMMY2BE0786 at 2:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• PICKLES !!!!!!!!
    with all my pregnancies :)
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 3:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• peanut butter and honey.. peanut butter and chocolate.. mint, chocolate, anything sweet.. tuna.. and yeah, usually I give in although I'm watching it now that I"m near the end and I want to give the baby's brain the best stuff for development that I can. I finally cut out the caffeine and sugar (well, most of the sugar) and am eating more protein and omegas and stuff like that.. but up until the day I found out that I gained 6lbs in 2 weeks I was giving in to EVERY craving.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I want spicy food. That's about it. Nothing sugary, definitely not dairy. While I had morning sickness, I pretty much ate whatever I could that would stay down - so a lot of junky, carb heavy foods. Now, I'm so glad to get back to normal and start eating vegetables again. Haha.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 4:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2010