Why?

I am 20 years old married and have a wondeful 17 month old baby boy.. I've wanted a second child basically since I had my son.. But now that he's almost 1 1\2 I feel like my biological clock is ready to explode! I dont know why? AmI just crazy or have others delt with this issue?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• i was the opposite, i had my dd at your age and the pain was so much that i told my husband, i'm never having another kid, and i meant it, we originally wanted 5. Then at 34yo, had the sudden urge to have a baby, so we had another, our kids are now 14yrs apart.
    Anonymous

• Ha Ha !
    Moments after my first was born, my husband was leaning close, looking into the face of our newborn sleeping on my chest with his head tucked under my chin. And the first thing I said was, "I want another one !!"

18 months later, our second son was born. I think that with birth the curtain is pulled aside between the world they are coming from and our world they are entering, and our psyche might get a glimpse of what is comoing from there.

There might be many reasons, but the only other time I got that same feeling - of YEARNING for another child - was a couple of months before we conceived our third & last child.

So MY explanation for it was, that my inner self KNEW.

I wouldn't presume to tell you anything, but that is my experience.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• normal.

as soon as #1 was delivered we started planning #2 (we also had a long ttc with #1 so it was more of a planning so they were close together thing). I was 23

#2 was born right after #1's 2nd birthday.

it was a burning need to have another baby. had it after #2 as well but it wasn't in the long term plan - took years to 'get over it' and then SURPRISE! here came #3. the instant she was born something clicked inside that I was done, our family is complete.

good luck!

and I don't think age has ANYTHING to do with it, its the maternal genes (at least in my mind).
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I'd try to put that on hold for a bit longer...3 yrs apart is a pretty good gap.
    Anonymous

• It's nomal to see your kids growing up and want another. Don't listen to anyone else tell you the right spacing. 18 months was perfect for me. Others will tell you 5 years is perfect. It's up to you.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• As soon as I pushed out #1 dh asked, are you ready to do this again? I said yes! and #2 came 13 months later! After that one dh asked me again and #3 was here 20 months later. I am finally ready to be done for awhile! lol
    Anonymous

• My son's first birthday party gave me a pretty serious case of the baby bug. I'm 21 and married and wanting a lot of kids. I wanted them to be closer in age than my son will be with his little brother (not pregnant yet, but there are no girls in the family so I'm pretty sure I'll just have boys but hopefully we'll be TTC this year. Most people laugh at me but some days I seriously feel like I'm running out of time even though at 21 that's obviously not the case. :)
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 4:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Wait. You are young and have plenty of years ahead of you to have more babies. Enjoy the one you have.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:38 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• i didn't have my son until i was 28. and i couldn't wait any longer. i swear i felt my womb acheing. there were a lot of problems and i talked and was talked out of having another. but now i'm divorced , for 9 years and 44 and i swear my womb is acheing again. not that i'd have another one. i'm not in a relationship right now and my son is having a rough time so he needs all my time and attention.
    Anonymous

• It's called baby fever lol. I think most women who have one fabulous little baby get it as their baby gets older.... You are only 20 your biological clock's alarm is far from going off. Relax, enjoy your child and have another when you are ready.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:59 AM on Jan. 22, 2010